Who Does the AZ Board of Nursing Regulate?
The Arizona State Board of Nursing licenses and regulates the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced Practice:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- School Nurses
Arizona State Board of Nursing
The 5-Year Plan of the Arizona Board of Nursing includes:
- Assure governance framework supports the Board’s mission and vision
- License/certify only qualified nurses and nursing assistants that assures public safety
- Investigate unsafe or incompetent nurses and licensed/certified nursing assistants; remediate or remove from practice
- Review and approve or sanction nursing education programs consistent with Board rules
- Ensure nursing regulations are up-to-date and reflect state of the art & science of practice.
AZ Meeting Minutes
A great to learn more about the Board is to review the old Board Meeting Minutes. The Minutes can go into detail about the regulation of nurses by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and what each committee does as well. Meetings can delve into the Nurse Practice Act, license verification, information about board policy, statutes, nursing programs and advisory opinions.
Chelle Law assists nurses under investigation by the Arizona Board of Nursing. You can find these on the Board’s website.
Nurse Practice Attorneys
If you’re interested in learning more about our Arizona Nursing Board Discipline services services and how to protect your rights, set up a consultation with Chelle Law and our Arizona Nursing Attorney reach out to us today.